Yahoo CEO to be Featured Speaker at IAB MIXX Conference & ExpoWritten by Michael Levanduski
September 6, 2013 # 8:33 am # Industry News, Specials # 2 Comments
The annual IAB MIXX conference & expo has just confirmed the addition of Marissa Mayer as a featured speaker. Mayer, who is President & CEO of Yahoo! as well as the very public face of the reinvigorated Internet giant. She’s been making changes, purchasing a wide range of different companies and is even changing the iconic Yahoo! logo. Speaking at an advertising and marketing conference is clearly a good fit both for Mayer and the IAB conference.
The expo is set to cover a wide range of different marketing and advertising topics. A main point of presentation will be concerning how marketing will take place in the future. Specifics points mentioned about marketing on the IAB website include it being more experiential, liquid, storytelling and transactional, among other things. A tagline for the conference is, “WTF IS ADVERTISING,ANYWAY?” It will certainly be interesting to see what Mayer and the other high-profile speakers discuss during this conference, and hear what their ideas are for the future of marketing.
Along with Marissa Mayer, there is an impressive lineup of featured speakers from a very diverse set of companies. This should provide those in attendance with a variety of different viewpoints on the future of advertising, as well as some insight into what may be working best today. Along with Mayer, the following featured speakers will include:
- Sir Martin Sorrell – Chief Executive Director at WPP
- David Fischer – VP of Business and Marketing Partnerships at Facebook
- Charlie Rose – Journalist
- Susan Lyne – CEO of AOL Brand Group
- Brian King – Global Brand Officer at Mariott International
- Randy Kilgore – SVP & chief Revenue Officer, Tremor Video Chairman, IAB Board of Directors
- Michael Lazerow – Chief Marketing Officer, Salesforce Marketing Cloud at Salesforce.com
- Randall Rothenberg – President and CEO at IAB
- Richelle Parham – VP & Chief Marketing Officer, North America at eBay
- Bonita Stewart – Vice President, Americas Strategic Partnerships at Google
- W. Ross Honey – General Manager, Xbox Advertising at Microsoft
- Brad Bender – Director of Product Management at Google
- Jean-Philippe Maheu – Managing Director, Global Brand & Agency Strategy at Twitter
- Andy Forssell – Acting CEO & SVP, Content at HuLu
- Colleen DeCourcy – Global Co-Executive Creative Director at Weiden + Kennedy
- Dave Luhr – President Wieden + Kennedy
- PJ Pereira – Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer at Pereira & O’Dell
- Tad Smith – President, Local Media at Cablevision Systems Corporation
Many other speakers and presenters will be involved with this large conference for marketers. Whether you’re able to attend in person or not, this will certainly be an influential conference & expo for everyone in the industry.
You can get all the details for this conference HERE.