FTC Sues Cresta Pillsbury & JP Diaz
Home » Industry News, Specials

FTC Sues Cresta Pillsbury & JP Diaz

crestapillsbury

Not sure anyone still works with Superior Affiliate Management aka Ecommerce Merchants, or even if they are even in business anymore., but there is some bad news for the owners and employees of the company by way of the FTC. According to the FTC, they have gone after Cresta Pillsbury, Jan-Paul Diaz, Joshua Brewser and Daniel Stanitski for among other things sending 30 million unsolicited commercial text messages.

This is really bad news for TrustGuard, another company Ms. Pillsbury is associated with, that has recently been promoting itself as a compliance and security company for merchants. A press release quotes her as saying, “We look forward to helping e-Business Express’s customers navigate the compliance validation process so they can increase sales and reduce liabilities.” I’m sure the FTC isn’

There isn’t much news about this yet, but expect to hear additional information from the FTC in the next week.

There are twenty-three comments. Join the discussion.

• Jamie Stone says:

Don’t forget about Threadpoint and All Square Marketing. They’re extreme shady.

• What does this mean for Webxu, and are they just as guilty?

• keith says:

interesting, they tried to recruit me into their “superior” network a while ago. they now operate the obey network so I suggest staying away from it.

• Jamie Stone says:

Threadpoint has been dead for awhile. They got caught with their pants down multiple times. Can’t edit to see what happens.

Keith scales, your name should probably be on there too.

• mk says:

Keith was on my network last year. He’s extremely shady and he continuously sexually harassed my affiliate managers. Stay away if you don’t want the FTC on you for god knows what eventually.

• KBSJR says:

First Off,

I would like to Address and Issues The network owner claims to have had with me. I rarely ran with that many networks in 2012, so if you would kindly like to explicitly state who you are publicly as well as what “SHADY” stuff I ran, please let do so.

Looking at everything I ran, everyone paid me in full.

In terms of sexual, harassment. There may have been some flirting, but I NEVER sexually harassed any employees.

If you feel I did please lets all jump on a call and I will gladly clear any misunderstanding you have with me.

Otherwise I think this is a smear post to vent off some anger.

• Ted says:

I find it ironic you use the term smear campaign Keith since that is exactly what you do to people who challenge you.

There are plenty of people with facebook and Skype screenshots of you attempting to threaten, intimidate, forcefully coerce and extort people.

At your age you need to realize people see through you as your behavior shows your true beliefs. You can tell everyone “I didn’t do it” but all we have to do is look at your public life to see that is not true.

My understanding is that several Police agencies, the FBI, FTC and even now the FCC (due to wireless spam) are very much creating cases against you. I have witnessed some of this information first hand so I know it is true.

You are responsible for your actions.

• Chris says:

Keith Byron Scales JR taken from court documents for his ongoing FTC suit which is active:

(586) 846-9067
          Address: 35038 Pappstein Drive
          City: Clinton Township
          StateProv: MI
          PostalCode: 48035

• KBSJR says:

First Off,

Looking at everything I ran, everyone paid me in full.

Otherwise I think this is a smear post to vent off some anger.

• mk says:

LOL ok – how about this comment below then?

I heard from an attorney friend that this is just the first round of people named in the suit. The second round will be much bigger. And Keith Scales is definitely part of round two. If I were you Keith, I would head to Canada now. Let’s just say they have so much dirt on you and many other big companies in the space. I for one am happy about the clean up. Darwinism at its finest. That and Karma finally coming around to clean up the weak and the DEADBEATS (aka Keith Scales). Keith extorts money from people as well, all of which the FTC knows about too.

• Amy says:

Keith you admitted to me you were served by the FTC for SMS spam. You also told me directly that the case was still open and being investigated so why are you lying?

• David says:

Keith,

We kicked you off directly with us after your spam brought us advertiser heat for your illegal SMS. You also hired Indians to stuff forms with fraud. We caught you and you tried to lie to us. Please do not make this worse for yourself. We have been visited by the FTC in regards to you.

• Super Cool says:

Is Threadpoint a good company to work with?

• Jamie Stone says:

What do you think? They just sent out a letter to everyone with a massive suppression list lol!!

• Jenn says:

• Newbie says:

I see all companies mentioned above being Blacklisted from the industry. Shame, their employee’s names are now mud.

• i know says:

So Cresta Pilsbury and JP both worked at Scanalert. Acquired by Mcafee. Cresta ran biz dev and was fired right before the acquisition for malice and theft. She floated around e-commerce and then setup shady companies with the mindless JP.You can only be shady for so long. The ftc should go back and look at Scanalert. Trustguard, a complete ripoff of Scanalert (Mcafee secure) is just as full of it.

• FankieNY says:

Does anyone still work at Threadpoint LLC, Slash 20 or what ever you want to call it?