Russell Rockefeller Ripped Me Off $5,000
Home » Marketing Insights, Specials

Russell Rockefeller Ripped Me Off $5,000

images

Someone in my AIM friend list asked me to join Super Affiliates group on Facebook owned by Russell Rockefeller. That was when I came in touch with Russell and added him. He obviously believes in ostentatious display of his knowledge, wealth and carries this aura of being a millionaire-kind of attitude. He told me he is a pro-emailer and one of the best in the industry. So I thought of him as a very successful guy who achieved these heights just because of his hard-work, knowledge and contacts.

He once posted on his fb group that he is willing to teach people how to be a pro-mailer. Only limited slots left. I was in awe of him and thought it would be worth an investment. So I joined his program, wired him $11,000 and started daily sessions over Skype for couple of weeks. All of a sudden one day he blocked me in the middle of a session. I thought, he might be having some personal reasons and that’s why he is not online but then after a week’s time, I saw that he deleted me from his linkedin connections and facebook friends list. That’s when I thought something is fishy. I had no clue why he was behaving this way. I asked a common friend if she can check out with Russell online over skype. She asked him about me. He obviously didn’t want to look bad about this whole episode. Russell told her that I tried to “hack” into his system and that’s why he has blocked me and that I have done something which is against his company’s policy.

I was really shocked to hear that. I tried every possible way to contact him- Facebook, Skype, email and phone but he was completely unresponsive to everything. I never heard back from him that’s when I decided that people must know about him and I wanted them to decide who is at fault. So I posted about it online in every facebook group related to affiliate marketing I was part of. It raised few eyebrows. Despite all this there was no response from him. So I decided to post this whole story on MailerForum.com. That’s when he started replying to the thread and admitted that he might have done this by mistake and probably it wasn’t me, it was someone else who tried to hack him.

He was neither interested in explaining me anything nor had any intentions of paying my money back. But his own response on mailerforum thread backfired on him and he asked me to discuss it privately on facebook. He then offered to pay me $6000 only on one condition that I will quietly take down all these threads without trying to get any attention. Trust me it wasn’t worth loosing $5000 and that still hurts.

Anyways, I accepted it because I wanted to ensure that I get some part of my money back from him.

I accept that he paid me $6k back because of all the pressure I had built around him else I am sure he won’t have paid me a penny back. I can say this because few more people told me similar stories about how they were ripped off by Russell in past.  (Trent Silver from Capstone leads and Charles Woolverton from ClickOfficial.com. These guys too were never paid and when they tried to contact him, he told them to go and f*** themselves). He asked me that he will just pay me $6k and if I want I can ask for remaining amount from his partner, the owner of OptinPlus.com. The break-down of the payments were never mentioned in the agreement. So in case of dispute it becomes his responsibility to pay me back. His partner was never involved anywhere. In fact, I didn’t even knew that he had a partner.

Many people told me that he is an old time and has been doing such things for years. He behaves very weirdly at times, no disrespect to his knowledge and achievements (if there are any). It’s just that people feel ashamed coming forward to report such things. After all, people would only laugh at me that I paid $11k only to learn how to mail? I was offered 2 months of data-feeds and Emailing platform as an add-on to this course.

The reason why I wanted to share this thing with everyone was to make sure that they don’t pay such people. Not everyone makes $10k in a day like him. It’s a big money and the last thing people want to pay them to people like Russell who goes around with a millionaire tag and thinks nobody would come out in open to report his activities, after all, he is in this industry since last 20 years. But I am really very thankful to all members of MailerForum for their support. I am sure nobody would have believed me without their support.

P.S. It’s not a crime to make mistakes. Best of us make mistakes in life. Russell is not my enemy. I still respect his achievements and knowledge but that doesn’t give him any right to de-fraud people this way. Time in again he blocks people this way and comes out with “against my company’s policy” explanation when they question him. Let’s make sure he doesn’t do that with anyone again ever.

Written by Manish Lunja

Manish owns TippingLead LLC, a marketing company that works on voice and non-voice based companys. Currently he works mainly on live transfers and lead generation CPL campaigns for his clients.

There are thirty-zero comments. Join the discussion.

• Trent Silver says:

I want to set the record straight. I did take Russell up on an email marketing course several years ago when I knew nothing about mailing. I thought it might be a good introductory course. I realized mailing was a full-time job and I didn’t have the time to pursue it, and after 2 classes asked for at least a partial refund of my $3500-$4k (I can’t really remember how much). Manish, I understand your experience is worse than mine, but please don’t put words in my mouth. Yes, Russell did remove me from Facebook and Skype when I asked for a refund, and I never did get any of my payment back, but he never told me to “go f*** myself.” I chalk it up to a bad investment into something that I didn’t have the time to pursue and an unfavorable refund policy. I’ll leave it at that.

Trent

• Manish Lunja says:

He might not have told you that but he certainly has told this to one guy to “go and f*** yourself”. I totally understand its not worth a time to pursue him. I am not asking for any refunds any more. But its our moral responsibility to let everyone know about such people so that they don’t make a fool out of them by paying to learn such crap course.

I don’t want to say anything further than this.

• Kj Rocker says:

Sorry to hear about your story mannish and thanks fir sharing your story i hope this will save many other from being scammed by him in future :)
    Kj Rocker recently posted..How to create PPV Landing pageMy Profile

• Evan says:

Oh, what a bad experience, I can only imagine that feel.. Sorry, man… Bad experience is also experience. I was recently browsing web and also, i guess, saw this guy online, Was even considering his deals. Thanks for the post, i will avoid Russell now..
    Evan recently posted..Top 50 Corporate WordPress Themes best of 2013My Profile

• Uncle Big says:

Hey Manish,
    Really appreciate you pointing the finger and naming the creeps.

• Jack Bastide says:

Wow that’s amazing

Hopefully this will save other people from getting ripped off

I hate crap like this

Jack
    Jack Bastide recently posted..Promote Your MLM FreeMy Profile

• VoloMP says:

“Sunlight is the best disinfectant.”
    Wah! Such a vivid tale from the hardtimes lounge. Good on you for speaking up. Best of luck on your future email adventures.

• Steve says:

Take his to court I guess and if he has some proof that you hacked into his site or systems, then it will come out. He should have refunded right away instead of waiting.
    Steve recently posted..Beware Of Identity TheftMy Profile

• Jeff says:

That’s a tough story. I would keep posting article like this to make sure that if anyone googles his name, they are informed.

• Sheriff Bunkus says:

LOL @ this post – and Russell is a good guy.

• Mike says:

Sorry to hear about the situation Manish. Two things that popped out at me.
    This guy was trying to rip you off but still trained you for a few weeks? I don’t really follow that, something doesn’t add up. Not defending him on this point, but it’s definitely odd.
    But then you admit you came to a settlement agreement (which happens in business all the time) and you intentionally broke it… It’s kind of hard to feel sorry for you when your actions aren’t much better than Russell’s…

• Sick-Of-Whiners says:

I would like to greatly thank Manish for warning us

Not about Russell, but about Manish himself and why it is a bad idea to do business with him

Here is the guy who agrees to a deal, gets a settlement and then still goes around and badmouth someone who despite his own flaws at least tried to make him whole and gave him a refund – that he was not even required to do

Not defending Russell, he screwed up big time, but why would anyone want to work with a drama bomb?

• JDI says:

You may not want to work with the drama bomb but you should at least thank him for making others aware.

If what happened is true, then Manish basically got coerced into a settlement. It appears that you believe a thief can steal your stuff, then you find him, but in order to get your stuff back you have to make a deal not to tell anyone?

So in your view the victim has to be honorable but the thief doesn’t?

In my mind, Manish can violate that agreement and whine all day long.

• JDI says:

Why is that surprising Mike? It happens to people all the time. You pay for a product or service and you don’t get it.

I recently paid for MMA training package for my son and after two lessons they guy stop returning phone calls and showing up for the scheduled sessions at the gym. Would you believe I had a hard time getting a refund because people at the gym gave me the same stupid “it doesn’t add up” crap?

Here is what doesn’t add up. Why would a legitimate business person treat a customer like that and wait so long to resolve the problem?

• Big Mailer says:

Thank you!!!!! I had a bad feeling about this guy.

• Karma says:

Russell Rockefeller in Welland Ontario is the Don King of online marketing.

• Henry Bui says:

He is a big scammer for real. He found a company, bombastic about his training program, mailing system to newbie and scam money. He often charge 10-12k just for his training HOW TO USE HIS SYSTEM, NOT HOW TO MAIL (HE SAID HOW TO MAIL IS FOR ADVANCED PEOPLE WHO CAN MAKE 10K/m and normally 100% newbie cant make 5k a month because they dont have good data, and they dont know how to deal with lot of mailing problem.) Then they lost money. I’ve heard that he scam people before founding Opt in Plus, then when I join Opt in plus, he cheat me and some other guy I know in the group. Now lot of people know about Opt in Plus program is scam, he shut down the Company and found Mailermind.

I post here to suggest you guys that stay away this guy. I did join his program and can they is not worth to join

• ace says:

Mailing is a full time job? You are doing it wrong newb.

Thank God someone is finally talking about this RUSSELL.
    This guy is the one of the most arrogant self loathing idiot’s I have ever encountered on the internet. He claims that he some sort of a mental dis order, this so-called illness doesn’t stop him from running Facebook Affiliate groups and kicking people out when they call him to the table. This industry needs a clean up, FUCK YOU RUSSELL!

• Matt says:

Russell is a bad guy. He charge me over 11k but he is lazy for the training. I learn more from members who join his system before me. His data is bad, not worth some thousand as he advertise.His system is good and mailing method is okie but lack of support when student need his help to solve problem happen when they mail. A lot of his student blame him for his attitude toward his student

• Bout Time says:

Better be glad it was just 5k with this guy

• offersnitch says:

Russell is a joke. Pea brain.

• Amazing says:

This guy is still selling kool aid and people still buying? Amazing indeed

• Haroun Kola says:

Thanks for posting. Good to look out for such people
    Haroun Kola recently posted..EURJPYMy Profile

• Phoebe says:

become a self professed, \” Guru \” and you will make some good scam coin. or you can keep your money and pay a set fee by the hr. to someone to coach you and you learn nothing.Or you can buy some kindle books and learn, also by trial and error

• Matt says:

Russels is a scammer. He took money from me but never give me a mailing lesson like what he said. He claim he got sick all the time so finally he did not give any training. All student just went to KnowledgeBase to get knowledge

• Matt says:

Fuck you Russel, you cheat me with Training Program but then everything refer to thing in Knowledge base. Everyone should know that he is scammer

• Sorry to hear about your story mannish and thanks fir sharing your story i hope this will save many other from being scammed by him in future

Good Luck!