Buildmyrank Link Network Busted
Home » Industry News, Specials

Buildmyrank Link Network Busted

paidlinks

Thanks to Panda 3.3 from Google, another private blog network has bit the dust. Buildmyrank.com, a network that had advertised all over the place including WarriorForum found itself in a horrible situation, when Google automatically de-listed the entire blog network from Google as a paid linking system.

A statement from the company went: “As with any link-building network, some de-indexing activity is expected and ours has been within a permissible range for the past two years. Unfortunately, this morning, our scripts and manual checks have determined that the overwhelming majority of our network has been de-indexed (by Google), as of March 19, 2012. In our wildest dreams, there’s no way we could have imagined this happening.”

Google has taken on for a while any paid linking system, but Panda 3.3 has gone to a whole new level, analyzing the value of links that are coming from low quality sites, such a article sites or junk blogs. This means that it will look for a large amount of outbound links that serve no purpose except to create “link-juice.”

PotPieGirl.com wrote the best explanation:

Google doesn’t index those sites anymore, therefor they don’t see or count your links anymore. In turn, this weakens your back link profile, and your rankings start to drop – or tank all-together (depending on how much these types of links made up your entire back link profile). I’ve heard around the web that this is happening to not only Build My Rank, but also to services like LinkVana, Authority Link Network, and many other names we’re probably familiar with.

Barry Schwartz of SearchEngineLand wrote of the problems that occur while using these services:

On one hand, I am surprised so many people still participate in quick and easy tactics like this? Google has a long history of going after link and blog networks. Here is just one more example. But I guess when things sem to work and it is easy, a human will often go with it. Even though network after network has been hit by the paid link penalties and worse.

There are seventeen comments. Join the discussion.

• criss says:

thanks for this post, inmy opinion Google are getting far too complicated for my liking, i dont feel theyre there to help us anymore, do others think the same?

• Dustin says:

Seems that all these networks (BMR, ALN, etc.) get too big and of course they’ll get caught. Along with PotPieGirl’s explanation – there’s always going to be networks, but it’s just a matter of how well they can hide themselves because eventually, Google will find them once they reach a certain point. I think networks will keep existing in different forms, and like Barry Schwartz mentioned, anytime there is a quick and relatively cheap way to get links, people will exploit it.

• Hello, all of these articles are great and I have been reading page after page about the various blog networks being taken down. Recently we took over for another search marketing firm and I discovered that the previous agency was utilizing this practice to falsely increase their ranks. I created a very long lost if domains that we needed to be removed from and asked that they start right away. Oddly enough many of them are owned by backlinksolutions.com and i am wondering if anyone knows how you can tell if you are also listed on buildmyrank domains as well? I have run a check with reverse whois but name.com llc and buildmyrank own so many and the cost to buy it is insane. Anyone have any experience with this company and if so do you know the domains you were listed on? thanks everyone

• Anthony says:

Hi Dawn

Just wondering if you ever got an answer for your issue? ie did you find out whether you are able to search if your domain is included in the BMR domains? And if a third party has done it for me, can i remove the links even though i dont have the account with BMR?

• BMR says:

Come on pace, you can write something better than this. This is old news. Maybe you can offer us some solutions or alternatives.

• TonyC says:

I suppose you are right. There will always be some type of organized way to create backlinks for a price,AKA a backlink network. The alternative SEO strategies seem daunting anyway, in terms of time to fruition. Could this be a ‘not-so-subtle’ hint by Google to drive people towards PPC?

Tonyc

• This post helps me. I haven’t used any of the link networks, but have considered it before. After reading this post I probably won’t do it.

I wonder if Google will get any of the more hidden networks that get back links from thousands of different I.P. addresses.

What’s the best way to build back links in your opinion Pace?

• Traxis says:

Thanks for this info! I really love to learn more from the expert.. Keep posting some more post like this!:)
    Traxis recently posted..Natural Remedies For GoutMy Profile

• Mike says:

Good riddance to BMR. I used this service in the past and was really disappointed to see the garbage sites that they were using to put links to my legitiamte sites.
    They claimed to have a “quality” service, but judging from many of the sites that I saw backlinks to my sites on, there was not much “quality,” in any, with their service.

• Krobelus06 says:

It’s your business. It’s your decision. Building links according to what people with an affiliate link have to say is taking a risk: so know your business. Building links on higher Pagerank pages still does what you’d expect. Those links increase your rankings.
    Krobelus06 recently posted..MMA TrainingMy Profile

• JIm says:

Was thinking about moving to an alternative like Rank Jumpers or Link Authority, but I’m afraid the Goog will just squash those too.

Anyway, it just goes to show how important having a diverse back link profile is.

• Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your
    website, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal.

I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept
    youtube mp3 music converter recently posted..youtube mp3 music converterMy Profile

• I always used to study paragraph in news papers but now as I
    am a user of internet so from now I am using net for content, thanks
    to web.
    click here now recently posted..click here nowMy Profile

• Have you ever considered about including a little bit
    more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything.
    But imagine if you added some great photos or video clips to give
    your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips, this website could undeniably be one of the most beneficial in its field. Terrific blog!
    best search engine marketing firm recently posted..best search engine marketing firmMy Profile

• Really new to web.

I also remember when google hit content farming sites, and it was hot news at that time, but now we are habitual and after two or three months we listen google has updated algos and new network is de-indexed.
    I think the time is near when google will block or de indexed all big content and network sites, specially with paid links.
    google first page recently posted..Optimizing the structure of websiteMy Profile